Wednesday, April 9, 2008

March Madness 2008

I now understand why they call it Madness. For the past couple of years Erin and I have entered 2 brackets each in the ESPN.com tourney challenge just to see how well we can predict.

So of course I watch college bball and think there is no way that Erin will be able to predict as many games as I will be able to, but man did I underestimate the competition. Not only did Erin beat me, but she beat over 97 percent of the entries. She ended up in the top three percentile of over three million brackets!!! (I know it was at least that many because I unfortunately was in 3 millionth place at one point). Although, to redeem myself, I did end up around 1 millionth place. 1,025,280 to be exact.

The best part is that as we were watching the championship, with a few mins left Memphis was up by 9 points and Erin had figured my bracket had won because I picked Memphis, she said, "Good job, honey, you win." For the first time I had seen her be less competitive than me. I quickly responded that it wasn't over yet, figuring it really was. Then after Memphis missed about ten free throws and Chalmers popped a three to tie it up in the last seconds, I knew Kansas would take it in overtime. Secretly, I wanted Kansas to win because I wanted to see how good Erin's bracket could do, because she was in the top 2 percentile the whole tournament.

Madness? I would say so...

or amazing ESP from Erin? Either way props to Erin. She amazes me every day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Copester. Are you ready to tiptoe through the tulips at antelope camp?

Anonymous said...

...

Tanya said...

erin way to represent for the women!

Miriam said...

Hahahaha! Love it. That Erin...she's got tricks up her sleeves.