Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Bear Lake-August 2007

The Olson family reunion was held in Bear Lake again last July. We were excited to be able to go even though we had already taken time off work for the wedding. The reunion was only one week after our wedding so it was great to be able to see my family who were unable to make it to Oregon. Matt was excited to meet the rest of my extended family and experience the craziness of a big family reunion. I think there was around 60- 70 of us there! We had a great time playing on the beach, playing cards and eating way too much food. I can't remember much else about the trip...but we had a great time and look forward to this summers trip! I thought I had some decent pictures from the trip...apparently they are on someone else's camera. Here is one of Matt going of a rope swing into FREEZING water. I sat and watched :) You can barely see him in the air in the middle of the picture.


After the reunion was over Matt, me, and my dad were going to Idaho Falls for a memorial service for my Grandpa Sautter. We decided to take Matt to Island Park and show him where my dad spent a lot of time as a kid and where I have lots of fun summer memories. We stayed at my uncles house and we took my Great Grandpa's old fishing boat out on the Snake. It was fun to be able to go out and "look" for fish while my dad tried to catch a few. I was excited about it until I saw the poor guys die at my feet in the boat. After the adventure on the river we decided to drive to West Yellowstone for dinner and just to go :) Wish we would have had more time than just a couple hours of daylight but it was a fun quick trip. While we were driving around Matt was really wanting to see a moose. My dad turned off a few different roads where he thought that they might be. With no luck we decided to take Matt to Big Springs...as we pull up Matt sees the moose he had been hoping for. It was a "baby" moose! (is it called a calf?) As we walked up closer we see the "momma" moose, who had a hurt leg. Needless to say, Matt was pretty excited about it. We tried to take some pictures but they were too far away and it was dark. So this is the best one we have of the "baby" moose. And one of Matt watching the moose.


Congrats if you made it through this whole post!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

everybody in utah loves bear lake! we have never been there...but we always heard about it. looks like so much fun!

Karly said...

Hi, guys! Welcome to the world of blogging. I have one, too, if you want to check it out: twocurlytails.blogspot.com. It's mainly about the pugs, but Brian and Audra and my mom and dad are on there sometimes, too. Oh, and it's my fault that my dad left a picture of his camp toilet in your comments. I set him up with a google account and taught him to comment. :-)