Thursday, March 27, 2008

Out of Order

No this isn't the only "blogworthy" thing that has happened since the wedding but I wanted to post about Matt's birthday now. If I didn't....then it would be his 27th before I posted his 26th!


Matt's 26th!

Last Friday was Matt's 26th birthday! We were able to celebrate with both of our familes.
The weekend before we went to the Tri-Cities to visit my family. Katie made Matt a delicious white chocolate bread pudding! (This was Matt's favorite dessert from our cruise so we decided to give it a try at home) I was suppose to help but I seem to be in the way more than anything else. Thanks for doing 95% of the work Kate! Mom, Thanks for doing the other 5%! You two are the master bakers anyway. And to top the weekend off...we lost Matt's cell phone! (Sorry if you haven't received a text or call in the last two weeks!)

Thanks for the gifts and desserts! We'll come visit again when you find the cell phone!

Matt was able to work from home on his birthday! I felt bad that I wasn't able to stay home and hang out with him. But I think work and March Madness kept him occupied. We decided to go to dinner at Red Robin and just rent a movie. It was a pretty low key birthday.... I guess that is what you get when you hit 26 and your wife is too tired!


On Saturday we were able to go to an Easter display of Christ's life at the Vancouver Stake Center then to Mom and Dad Copes for a birthday dinner. Mom Gail made Matt a coconut cream pie! YUM! I couldn't have been happier with Matt's pick for dessert! We played some cards and watched " I am Legend" (Second time STILL creeped me out) It was a nice relaxing Saturday!


Happy Bithday Matt! Love you!


Oh yeah...

Kate, this picture is for you!


5 comments:

Kate said...

that night was a blast :)
I read your blog lastnight before going to bed and actually had dream after dream about matts missing phone! We were finding it in the most random places at your parents house.
Happy Birthday again Matt!
Talk to you soon

Anonymous said...

I'm dying over that pic of you and Matt...the one where you are wearing a coral shirt. Your hair looks awesome and you two look so cute! Good color on you. Happy Bday, brother!!

Someone that Matters (Bryan) said...

Happy 26th Matt. We had a little party for you out here. (actually, it was just an extension of my party, but we'll just say it was a joint celebration)

Breanne said...

Happy Belated Birthday Matt!! Hello Erin. It is nice to meet you through Blog! I am Matt's bud from college - met in our freshmen ward. I think he just stayed friends with me through college b/c I continued to amuse him with my many quirks. He'll agree to that I'm sure.
You two look so happy together and it looks like Matt landed a beautiful, wonderful girl! How'd you get her Matt? ;)
That is so nice that you live near both of your families.
I'm excited to keep up with you guys through your blog! Matt - have I shown you my blog? ... www.breanneslife.blogspot.com (there are pictures of our 8 month old, Taya on there)

Hope you're enjoying married life!!

Kate said...

........I'm waiting here for a new post....................


:)