Yesterday was Liam's first day in sunbeams. I'm not sure who it was more traumatic for, him or me. It started with him walking past nursery saying he wanted to go play with toys and then me coaxing him into the primary room. He wouldn't sit down and right when I thought he was getting cozy I see a blonde boy dart out of the room. He proceeds to run down the halls giggling as Henry waves goodbye to him. I'm sure Henry was taking notes. Liam Thinks this is hilarious. I don't. Especially after i get him back to primary and he just runs through the room. At this point I went to get Matt. I'm crying for three reasons. One, my child is in PRIMARY! Two, he Is hating it and scared of the change. Three, I'm embarrassed. We end up finding him hiding behind a couch in the foyer! After bribing him with gum and one visit to find me and see that I am still around he makes it through singing time. I'm not exactly sure how class went. I walked by twice and peaked in the window. First time he was yelling no at his teacher. The second time he was screaming for me. Matt walked by once and found him standing on a chair.
I use to be happy that he made the cutoff by 3 days and didn't have to spend an extra year in nursery. Now I'm not so sure.

2 comments:
I remember the good old days. Some of the kids went into Sunbeams, smiling from ear to ear and never looked back, others, well, it was a challenge. He will love it soon
Oh no! Has it gotten better yet? Parker was thrilled to go into Primary but I think he talks his teachers ear off and everytime I check on him in primary he is sitting on his chair backwards waving to Jackson. lol
Post a Comment