Thursday, June 3, 2010

A little nosey

This has been an eventful week in the Cope household. I went in for surgery on Tuesday to have my sinus' cleaned out and my deviated septum repaired. All in the hopes that the sinus infections I have been plagued with since Liam was born would subside. My doctor explained that your sinus' are like a small room with a door open for things to pass in and out and my door had been permanently shut in 4 out of the 6 "rooms". Awesome. He said surgery would hurt and so would the recovery and to have extra help with Liam for 3 days. I just thought the extra help would be for a little lifting and chasing. Boy were we wrong. Turns out we needed someone for Liam and someone for me. Apparently I don't come out of a three hour sedation well and my face does not like to be packed with gauze and whatever else may be stuffed in my sinus' right now. I was also able to hear my nurse on the phone saying she was panicked and shaking.
After not being able to keep my eyes open for longer than a 30 seconds at a time for the first 36 hours I was elated to see Liam galloping around the house today pulling every tissue out of the box and giving me high fives. Much better than yesterday when he tried to go for my bag of frozen peas and smacked me in the nose instead. Love that little boy and I wish I had that much energy. Anyways... Doc says the surgery went well and I will have everything removed tomorrow, which wasn't suppose to happen until next Tuesday, but i guess he moves up the removal date when you have his cell number and call frequently :)
I requested that Matt take pictures so I could remember just how terrible it was. Seriously...natural labor from here on out. (but don't quote me on that)
Moral of the story...When the doctor says it is going to hurt...multiply it by 1,ooo.

Thanks to my amazing husband, amazing friends, and amazing family for helping out the past couple of days. i am a blessed lady.
Day1
day 1

Day 2

day 2

7 comments:

Lonna said...

OH ERIN!!! Not fun. Do you need some more help? I'm free today. let me know!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I wish I would have known that you needed some help. Please feel free to let me know if you need anything. I am home and Ash would love to have a new buddy to play with.

The Price Family said...

Erin, this made me want to cry. I hope that you are starting to feel better and that you can recover quickly. Love ya!

Judy said...

If we had known it was going to be this bad I should have come up. I guess you know that they aren't your greatest looking pictures. Love you so much, and as always wish we lived closer. Guess that is the story of my life.

♥Seri said...

oh man this doesn't sound fun or at all comfortable! I hope that with each day it gets better? Hoping you can breathe freely now! Glad this is behind you and you can look forward to playing hard this summer! Hugs!

Crystal said...

Oouch!!! I am sorry!!! What is with the natural labor? Did that cause your sinus prob?? Hope you get better fast!!! Missed you guys the other day at the blessing. Some day we'll be closer. Hope your nose gets better by Bear Lake :) See you then!!!!

Tanya said...

i am really glad that is over...i felt terrible for you.