Friday, September 19, 2008

Change

While Matt and I were planning our wedding I would say to him " I can't wait until this is all over and life settles down!" He just laughed and kindly informed me that life is not going to settle down and it is only going to get busier.

He was right....again.

This week was another busy one. I am so grateful for the second trimester burst of energy. I feel great and have no complaints. I am more grateful to a husband who loves me and our little bundle so much! He is always doing something to make my day easier, less stressful, less busy. He helps me physically, spiritually and emotionally. He is amazing and I need to remember to be more grateful and not annoyed that he doesn't like it when I lift something heavy or stand at the top of a ladder.

This week we painted the babies room. It looks great and I just can't believe that in 3 months we will have a little one to occupying it! Matt did a great job reaching the tall spots! He is not the biggest fan of painting and I am so grateful he did this for me and Liam.

Yesterday we bought the babies crib! (thanks to Craiglists and a sweet old lady, Grandma Gloria, for supplying the Cope children with an adorable crib to dream sweet dreams in!) It is just what I was hoping for and looks amazing! Thanks to Rachel for picking up the bed and helping me tonight with putting it together. Matt is out camping with the young men from church so we had a girls night with Rachel and Lauren. We ate at sonic and put together the crib. Then we had ice cream sundaes and watched "Nim Island". Lauren was so excited all night and kept asking when we could start our slumber party and reminded me that we had to have the lights OUT when we watched the movie. It has been fun to have them over with no boys and be able to catch up.

Tonight when we were putting the crib together it hit me that we are going to be a family of 3 soon. How amazing!?!? I have taken care of so many babies and children but this one will be mine! I don't have to give him back! He is ours and I am so grateful to a loving Heavenly Father who has trusted us with this sweet little man inside of me. Though it is an ovewhelming thought at times I am so ready for this experience and so excited to start life with 3 of us. The responsibility is great but the joy and happiness will be even greater!

I can't believe we have hit the 100 day count down... Time flies when you're having fun?
We had an appointment this week with the OB. All is continuing to look good. We are still measuring at 26.5 weeks. I am 25.5..... Matt says he is going to be a big boy.....I say he will be little and just come early. I would just love that he comes before the 20th or after the 25th. (I can wish right? ) Although I am sure once December gets here I will be done and ready. I just want the 3 of us to be happy, healthy and sane.

Time for bed.... I'll post pictures after Matt see's the room.

Ps...Matt if you read this....It is 12:25 and motorcycle man just left his house. What does he do? And why does he have to have a loud motorcycle??? I love you

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Matt and Erin! Erin, I never met you but I was good friends with Matt and all his roommates when we were both at BYU. I was sad I wasn't able to make it to you guys' wedding. Anyway, I found your blog and from the looks of it you are lovely! Just wanted to pop in and say HI (I know wives usually do the blog thing so pass the message along to Matt:)) and CONGRATS on the babe on the way. I'll be excited to keep checking your blog to see how things are going.

Vanessa (Collard) Palmer
vanessaandsam.blogspot.com

The Price Family said...

Where's the pictures? I'll be waiting. miss ya