Wednesday, July 2, 2008

14 weeks...

I had an interesting phone conversation, while at work, with my 5 year old niece yesterday.

Me: Next time you see me you can see my little baby belly.

Lauren: I know how the baby comes out!

Me: You do? How?

Lauren: You push it out!

Me: Yep, but not yet. I don't want it to come out yet. The baby isn't ready.

Lauren: When will it be ready?

Me: When Santa comes the baby will come.

Lauren: Oh. Can I be there to watch you push the baby out?

Me: Umm.... I don't think so. But you can be there after the baby comes out.

Lauren: Oh yeah, that is what I meant to talk about.

I couldn't stop laughing! She is so funny! I felt bad telling her she couldn't be there to watch the delivery. I think I am doing her a favor though!

4 comments:

Tanya said...

oh what a little sweetheart. i can't wait to see that baby. i may have gotten that little baby something today :o) i may have to take it back when you find out what you are having because i got caught up in the moment and couldn't wait.

Bryan and Ashley said...

That is too funny!! Bry and I are soooo excited for you guys! I hope you are feeling better. Those first months are so hard with how tired and sick you can be. I promise you really do forget because I'm nuts enough to want to do again already. :) And if Bry reads that he'll probably want to die. Haha. I can't wait to see what you guys are having!!!!!!

Crystal said...

Aunt Erin we are so excited for you!!! You look so cute in the belly pic! Keep updating this... can't wait to see you in a few weeks! I bet you are having a girl! Love, the Sautter's in UT

Breanne said...

I just wanted to congratulate you guys! Wow! That is awesome - I got Matt's text a little while ago and have been meaning to congratulate you for a while. It sounds like you will make wonderful parents. I'm glad Matt is taking good care of you. Keep it up Matt :)
I hope your health and the baby's health continue to go really well!
Congrats again!